Employers menu


Worker FAQ

If you can’t find the answer to a question in any of our other webpages, check out some of our most Frequently Asked Questions

Visit the How To Register webpage and provide the required details to register as a new worker.

Once you have registered, you will be able to log in to the LeavePlus member portal using your member number and password, then access your digital member card from the menu.

You can update your personal details in the LeavePlus member portal.  Select the ‘Login’ button at the top of this page and enter your member number and password.  From there, you can update your phone numbers, address, add a different postal address, and update or change your email address.

If you need to add an email address and register for online access, please complete the Online Services form.

LeavePlus is a portable Long Service Leave Scheme, so your service with your new employer will be recorded on your LeavePlus member number as long as you are performing work covered by the Scheme.

Make sure to provide your new employer with your LeavePlus member number so they can begin to record your service with us.

To find out how much long service leave you have accrued, log in to the LeavePlus Portal at the top of the page, then simply access the ‘Entitlement’ tab.

Visit our Online Services webpage to set up your access.

A Statement of Service is generated for each registered LeavePlus member every October, showing any service accrued in the preceding financial year along with the total recorded service and any available entitlement.

Your annual Statement of Service is accessible using the LeavePlus member portal.  Log in to LeavePlus and select the ‘Worker SOS’ tab, then click on the link to download for your most recent Statement of Service (SOS).

You can submit your long service leave claim using the LeavePlus member portal. Log in at the top of the page, then select the ‘Submit a claim’ tab from the menu.  Visit our Online Services webpage to set up your access.

To be eligible to claim long service leave, you must have 7 or more years of continuous recorded service.

If you have over 7 years of continuous service accrued, your existing entitlements remain yours to claim – they will not cancel or expire, regardless of whether you have now left the industry.

If you have less than 7 years of service accrued, you will have a maximum of 4 years to return to the Victorian Construction Industry or your existing service record will be made inactive.

If you leave Victoria and move to work in another state or territory in Australia, be sure to register with the scheme for that state or territory to ensure your service is being recorded correctly, as each state has its own long service leave scheme. Make sure to also advise LeavePlus of your move so that we can put your account on pause. Each state or territory follows their own Rules and Regulations. A Reciprocal Agreement is in place with all states and territories to allow continuity of service.

Service cannot be consolidated, but you can use it all together when you make a claim for long service leave. Service accrued interstate will remain recorded in the relevant state or territory in which work was performed until the time of claiming.

Notify us on your claim application of any states and or territories in which you have recorded service and LeavePlus will obtain the relevant information. You must claim through the state or territory in which you have most recently been active (last 55 working days). It is your responsibility to keep details up to date in each state or territory.

Portable Long Service Leave is an industry benefit which allows workers of the construction industry to take a well-earned break.

We strongly encourage all members of LeavePlus who claim their long service leave to take the time off.

Your claim payment will be determined largely by your working status at the time of claiming. This is why we require your three most recent pay slips when you submit your claim application, unless our online system offers you the option of:

Calculated Rate of Pay:

If you have been on a consistent wage with the same employer for the last 12 months, you may be offered a ‘Calculated Rate of Pay’ for your claim – this rate mirrors your wages, as advised by your employer throughout the year. By accepting the Calculated Rate, your claim will be processed far quicker than normal, with no requirement for you to provide pay slips (as the calculations have all already been done).

Employer Wage Verification:

Alternatively, you may be offered the ‘Employer Wage Verification’ option to have your employer do the hard work for you when it comes to your claim application. With this option, there will be no need for you to supply pay slips with your claim – your employer will be asked to supply this information for you instead!

Payment Policies:

When your Long Service Leave claim is submitted LeavePlus reviews your current pay slips to understand the following:

    Has your weekly wage increased over the last 3 years beyond standard Construction Industry EBA increases?
    How does your weekly wage for your trade compare to the wage rates prescribed in current Construction Industry EBA’s?

Subject to the results of this review, LeavePlus may determine that your claim will be paid at a lesser amount. In these instances LeavePlus will contact you and explain the decision prior to your claim being paid.

Our Claiming Long Service Leave webpage has explanations of each different claim type, whether you are a permanent or casual employee, unemployed, or leaving the industry altogether. Rates of pay are calculated differently for night-shift, casual and part-time, offshore workers and those who have worked on the desalination plant.

All entitlements accrued through service as a worker are paid subject to tax and classed as a taxable income: there are different tax options you can choose on your claim form e.g. whether or not you claim the Tax Free Threshold – for more information on this visit the “How will I receive my long service leave payment” tab on our Claiming Long Service Leave webpage.

If your available entitlement has been accrued through both service as a worker and as a working sub-contractor, see our Self-Employed Entitlement webpage to learn how these will be paid differently in your claim.

Please note interstate rates may vary and are calculated by the state or territory in which your entitlement was accrued.

If you have any queries relating to your specific situation, email us at info@leaveplus.com.au ensuring you quote your full name, address, date of birth and registration number.

Under the Rules of the Scheme, a worker must have 7 years of continuous recognised service before becoming eligible for long service leave and making a claim directly to LeavePlus.

There is no provision for LeavePlus to pay any entitlement less than 7 years other than the death benefit which was introduced on 1 July 2001.

If you do not qualify under the Rules of the Scheme and have been with your employer for a minimum of 7 years without a break in your employment, then your employer is liable for your long service under the Victorian Long Service Leave Act.

If you have a specific situation and want to know more information, send us an email to info@leaveplus.com.au ensuring you quote your full name, address, date of birth and LeavePlus member number.

The easiest way for you to check your service record is by ensuring you register for online access.

You will then be able to view your list of your past and present employers and use the ‘Entitlement’ tab to check how much service has been recorded on your registration number, and whether you are eligible to claim any long service leave entitlement.

A Statement of Service is also issued to all registered members every October showing any service accrued in the preceding financial year along with the total recorded service and any entitlements owing.

If you have any queries in relation to your recorded service, send us an email to info@leaveplus.com.au ensuring you quote your full name, address, date of birth and registration number.